Marketing Podcast with Mike Lenox
On this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, John Jantsch interviews Mike Lenox. He is an expert in business strategy and serves as Tayloe Murphy Professor of Business at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business.
In his new book Strategy in the Digital Age: Mastering Digital Transformation, he explains how digital technologies enable innovative services and products to be created.
- Digital strategies are about finding valuable positions at the intersection of an organization’s values, market opportunities, and capabilities.
- Data plays a central role in transforming customer value propositions, operations, and industry structures.
- Societal implications and ethical considerations must be taken into account when developing digital strategies.
Questions I ask Mike Lenox:
- [01:51] How do you define strategy?
- [02:44] How may somebody look at digital strategy compared to regular strategy?
- [04:02] In your book, how do digital technologies enable the creation of services and products in an entire industry?
- [05:48] AI is essentially a technology that is massaging data. What are some of the opportunities, and also some of the threats?
- [07:27] How would you work with somebody to help them uncover where their opportunities might be or where they might actually be in real danger of being disrupted?
- [11:29] What’s the strategy for a startup to take on a really big entrenched industry that doesn’t want to go away?
- [16:08] There are some social implications and policies when talking about AI. Where does that fit into to rush in digitalizing?
More About Mike Lenox:
MBA from Stanford University Graduate School of Business; PhD from MIT Sloan School of Management.
About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped thousands of marketing professionals build successful businesses by providing training, resources, support, and community. Our intensive training program provides everything needed to start and run a successful consulting business.
Take The Marketing Assessment:
This free assessment will show you exactly what areas need improvement so you can create a plan for growth!
If You Like This Show…
Please leave us a review on iTunes! Your feedback helps people find our podcast more easily.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.