Marketing Podcast with Mark Shekter
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Mark Shekter. He is a Best-Selling Author, Keynote Speaker, and original thinker. He pioneered a new system of creative thinking that empowers Start-Ups to Fortune 500 clients to build robust and sustainable enterprises while reshaping corporate cultures for unlimited innovation and growth.
In his new book: Think8: 8 Steps to Ignite Your Creative Genius in Business, Career & Life, Mark shares his proven method for unlocking creativity previously only available to his global Think8 clients.
When individuals focus on their purpose and passion, they can unlock their creative energy and achieve remarkable results in various domains of life. Creativity is not limited to artistic endeavors but can be applied in business contexts as well. The Think8 methodology has eight steps – purpose, message, tone, character,content structure style,and impact when followed in sequence leads optimal results.Mark emphasizes that consensus alignment among team members with authenticity transparency are crucial for unlocking company’s true worth making meaningful impact.
Questions I ask Mark Shekter:
- [01:42] On your subtitle: unlocking your creative genius in business, career, and life. So are you suggesting that this is a framework that you could apply if you were trying to advance your career or if you wanted a better life as well as to grow a business?
- [03:51] You introduce a concept of unlocking a company’s true worth. What do you mean by that?
- [05:19] Some people may think that creativity is just the art department in charge of branding or creating some slogan or jingle. But you’re really applying new thinking on the role of creativity, aren’t you?
- [07:27] Almost everything we do in business takes some sort of element of creativity, doesn’t it?
- [09:08] The first out of the 8 steps is purpose.That’s very tough step for people because they sit around room say what’s our purpose? Does everybody agree on those eight words?
- [17:31] The fourth step is character and unifying company’s core values beliefs.I think challenge here could be maybe founder has beliefs values not necessarily aligned with rest members company.How do kind rectify that?
About Mark Shekter:
Mark Shekter is an original thinker who pioneered Think8 – A system for creative thinking which empowers Start-Ups to Fortune 500 clients build robust sustainable enterprises while reshaping corporate cultures unlimited innovation growth.
About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network trains and licenses small business marketing consultants around world.
Take The Marketing Assessment:
This assessment tool will help identify areas where businesses can improve their marketing efforts.
If like show Click over give us review iTunes please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.